Random Thoughts - Bike Babble - Geek Speak - Creative Flow

Bike Babble - Geek Speak - Music Notes -
Creative Flow - Random Thoughts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cycle Oregon, The Aftermath

First, I would like to thank Henry for getting me through Cycle Oregon safe and, for the most part, sound.

The bicycling accident in May had nothing to do with cars, bad riding conditions, or human error; it was the proverbial "Freak Accident". However, it not only left me with very little time to train, it left my confidence thoroughly shaken and stirred!

B.A. -  I easily tucked in, grabbed the drops and followed Henrys move on sweeping descents.  
A.A  - I would constantly remind Henry that I was scared and to GO SLOW. Occasionally, I would just have a good old fashioned girly cry.

Cycle Oregon was a week long dose of immersion therapy and I survived it. I re-taught myself how to relax, improved my reflexes, and just let go of all the worry. If you don't already know, constant worrying doesn't do you a damn bit of good and sure sucks the fun out of a beautiful ride!




No comments:

Post a Comment