Random Thoughts - Bike Babble - Geek Speak - Creative Flow

Bike Babble - Geek Speak - Music Notes -
Creative Flow - Random Thoughts

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Big weekend for music :-)

Music Notes -  I gotta tell ya, Sonoma County rocks when it comes to serving up lots and lots of great music! The house remained a mess and the bike collected dust because I stuffed myself to the gills with our local music scene this weekend.

Friday, after work, Henry and I headed straight to Hanna Winery to listen to St. Peterbilt. Who knew there were that many songs about trucking? Of course ya gotta throw in some Johnny Cash tunes when you have a deep, twangy voice like Paul Riley's.



On Saturday, we worked up a sweat (it was in the high 90's after all) to some incredible music at Earle Fest.  James McMurtry and Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women were awesome as expected but the real surprise was The Belleville Outfit! Now, I am a huge fan of a sexy upright bass and a great horn section, but this gal, Phoebe Hunt, played the violin as well as she sang, beautifully :-) The other great thing about this band was their eclectic style. Henry said "Now that is one CD that I could listen to all the way through and not get bored with." I wholeheartedly agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment