Random Thoughts - Bike Babble - Geek Speak - Creative Flow

Bike Babble - Geek Speak - Music Notes -
Creative Flow - Random Thoughts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cycle Oregon, Day 7 continued

Bike Babble - 4 miles to the finish and we get a flat! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. Henry quickly changes the tire, races to the finish, pulls up to the beer and wine tent and says, "Honey, why don't you get yourself a bottle of wine, and I'll take care of the luggage". Either he really loves me or he is tired of hearing me whimper and groan - probably both. Nothing a bottle of Eola Hills Pinot Noir can't fix, or at least numb:-) 


While I was recovering in the beer and wine tent, I overheard a guy talking to one of his friends, "Dude, I was trying to draft behind this tandem that was screaming down the mountain but I just couldn't keep up!" "What color was the tandem?" I couldn't help but ask. He replied, "It was an orange Co-Motion." I just smiled and said, "Yea, I saw you in my rear view mirror." HA! Whatever we lack on the climb we more than make up for on the descent baby!

Oh and check this out. We met a another tandem couple from Sebastopol at the beer and wine tent. They have ridden all 23 Cycle Oregon rides!


No comments:

Post a Comment